Monday, February 3, 2014

Salta and Pumamarca

After Tucuman I headed to Salta and met up with host Miguel. The next day we were joined by surfers Ana and Flavio. We headed out to the artist market, located in a lovely colonial building. After we went to this empanada haven where all the waitresses signal for your attention as soon as you walk in.




Later we had a look around the main plaza and saw an Incan mummified kid at a museum. Ana and I made dinner.








The next day I headed up a mountain that overlooks the city. On the way I had a stop in at the anthropology museum.




The next day I hitchhiked to Pumamarca. Got to ride in the back of  a covered pick up.

Pumamarca is home of the “cerro de 7 colores”.  The town is small and charming. The air is vibrant.  










No comments:

Post a Comment