Monday, October 7, 2013

Frutillar and Puerto Varas

After Valdivia, I headed to Frutillar and stayed with host Victor. The terminal looked to be in the middle of nowhere. I waited a few hours for Victor to pick me up. It was raining out and the txt message exchange that was going on was a bit weird. Upon meeting Victor I sensed a bit of unconfidence. We walked to his little house nearby and while having dinner he told me he had to leave the next day, so I could only stay one day. So that was kind of surprising.




The next day I headed to lower frutillar (where the lake is) and had a look around. There is a lovely theater on the lake. I found a quiant cake cafe and had a ricotta framuesa kuchen, omg, there are no words for this experience.





I walked on and found a lovely penninsula of sorts that was surrounded by these weeping willow-ish trees and had a nice sit. Cristian from Valdivia called me and told me that he had a friend Cristina who could host me. Excellent news!




That night Cristina had some friends over for a drink. The next day I headed to Puerto Varas for the day, a nearby slightly bigger village, on the same lake, with a good view of the volcano.








That evening, Cristina invited me to go to see Conrad Tao (pianist) at the theater on the lake. It was fancy and dignified.




The next day we went for a jog along the lake, had a conversation about getting out of our comfort zones, and proceeded to jump into the lake. It was shocking and needed. Later we went into upper frutillar to buy some groceries and on the way back sat in cow field over looking the lake and had a mediocre grocery store bought chocolate cake.








No comments:

Post a Comment