Thursday, October 31, 2013

Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, and Tierra del Fuego

I hitched hiked down to Punta Arenas. It was a long journey passing through the Patagonian windy flat lands. The first night, I end up in a little Argentinian village, Tres Lagos. My last driver offered me a place to stay at his brothers little house. Nice family. 

The next day I get picked up, hitch hiking, by a Chilean politician.

I arrived in Punta Arenas and met my host Oren, his friendly family, and a couchsurfing American couple Blake and Catherine. While in Punta Arenas I did some Antartica investigations, went to a park, bought some camping equipment, and had a look around the center. The last day, I met/ had dinner with new couchsurfers staying with Oren.




A few days later I headed out to Ushuaia, Argentina. Interestingly, I got picked up by another Chilean politician.



My Cs host didn’t respond to my messages when I got to Ushuaia, so I checked into a hostel, Refugio Mochilero. The entrance is full of water tanks of turtles and fish.



After having had a look around town and spending a few days in Ushuaia, I camped out in Tierra del Fuego National Park for a few days. This is the prettiest park I’ve been to on my south America travels. Magic.













I met several lovely people in the park, including these 3 children and their 2 mothers. We sat in an open field, with views of mountains, a river, and cliffs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment